Monday, December 15, 2014

Turning around a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad start to the day...


I woke up with a huge zit on my chin, my favorite hair clip broke, my good jeans missed the wash, and JR "forgot" he is student of the week- he has to color his entire poster about himself and we have to leave in 30 min. His siblings and I were supposed to send nice letters to school with him today for his folder, but I think it best that we send that tomorrow since he JUST TOLD ME ABOUT IT .  I didn't have time to pack my gym bag or have breakfast and I got a migraine.  I spilled on my slippers, got a bolt dug into my tire, forgot my phone, and forgot to put dinner in the crockpot.  This is a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad way to start the day.
If you don't have this book get it.  I love it as much as the kids do!

I think I will move to Australia.

Or go to mass and rosary.

Yesterday, our Very Hard to Understand Priest said something that I actually understood  (literally and spiritually).
Given how horrible the kids behaved in mass it is a minor miracle I was able to glean anything at all- but this was perfect for today. He said if you want to have JOY in you life, you have to look for it.  We all have struggles, but we should look for the beauty and grace that really does surround us.

So I am taking a deep breath, laughing about my vanity and the zit.  I am thankful we have the money to take care of the tire, and I don't have to take time off "work" to get it fixed.  I am thankful I have healthy smart kids who are learning everyday to manage their time a little better.  I am thankful I have good friends who can pick up my kids at school so that I can get a nap and address the headache.  I am thankful I have health insurance to cover the super expensive migraine medicine.

And I am so happy to have this little lady to share in my adventure today.


Praying you find joy today- it isn't in the circumstances- it is in the heart!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...